Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) conducts Online Common Written Exam (IBPS CWE Clerks-IV) for the recruitment of Clerks in Public sector Banks and Financial Institutions. The recent IBPS Clerk Exam 2014 is to be tentatively held in December 2014 for the Recruitment of Public Sector Banks in the year 2015-16.
Selection Process is almost same as in case of IBPS PO and consists of Online Written Exam and Interview and then followed by Alottment to Participating Organisations.
Online Written Exam Structure
|Sr. No.||Name of Tests||Max Marks||Duration|
|1||Reasoning||40||Composite Time of 2 Hrs.|
The above tests except the Test of English Language will be available bilingually, i.e. English and Hindi.
Penalty for Wrong Answers
There is penalty for wrong answers marked in the Objective Tests. For each question for which a wrong answer has been given by the candidate one fourth or 0.25 of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty to arrive at corrected score. If a question is left blank, i.e. no answer is marked by the candidate, there will be no penalty for that question.
- Candidates who have been shortlisted in the examination for CWE Clerks-IV will subsequently be called for an Interview to be conducted by the Participating Organisations and coordinated by the Nodal Bank in each State/UT with the help of IBPS. Interviews will be conducted at select centres.
- The total marks allotted for Interview are 100. The minimum qualifying marks in interview will not be less than 40% (35% for SC/ST/OBC/PWD candidates).
Total Weighted Score (TWS)
- The weightage (ratio) of CWE (exam) and interview will be 80:20 respectively.
- The combined final score of candidates shall be arrived at on the basis of scores obtained by the candidates in CWE Clerks and Interview.
- A candidate should qualify both in the CWE and interview and be sufficiently high in the merit to be shortlisted for subsequent provisional allotment process, details of which will be made available subsequently on IBPS website.
Provisional Allotment and Final Selection
- On completion of the interview process, depending on the vacancies to be filled based on the business needs of the Participating Organisations and as reported to IBPS, candidates shortlisted will be provisionally allotted to one of the Participating Organisations, based on merit-cum-preference keeping in view the spirit of Govt. Guidelines on reservation policy, various guidelines issued by Govt. of India/Others from time to time, administrative exigency, etc.
- In the event of two or more candidates having obtained the same score, merit order is decided as per date of birth (the candidate senior in age is placed before/ above the candidate junior in age), as per the prevailing practice
- The provisional allotment is subject to the candidate fulfilling the criteria for Participating Organisation and identity verification to the satisfaction of the allotted organisation.
- A candidate who is provisionally allotted will forfeit his/her candidature/ chance for the process if he/she does not avail the offer of appointment from the Participating Organisation.
- The decision of IBPS in provisional allotment of Organisations shall be final and binding upon the selected candidates. However IBPS reserves the right to cancel, reallot Organisation-wise allocation/ change the process depending upon exigencies or otherwise.