Malcolm Turnbull become 29th Australian Prime Minister by Defeating Tony Abbott
Malcolm Turnbull was sworn as Australian Prime Minster on 15 Sept, 2015 (Tuesday) at Government House. Turnbull, leader of the liberal part, took the oath read out by the governor general, Sir Peter Cosgrove. Turnbull defeated his conservative liberal party colleague votes 54-44 on Monday night. Turnbull replaced tony Abbott only two years after he was elected. Turnbull is the fifth prime minister in eight years.
About Malcolm Turnbull:
- He has been the Member of Parliament for Wentworth since 2004.
- He joined the joint standing committee on Foreign Affairs, Defence and Trade.
- Prior to entering politics he worked as a lawyer, journalist, investment banker & venture capitalist.
- Turnbull was elected as a leader of the liberal party in September 2008
- He became Minister for communication in Sept, 2013